Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Chocolate Cherry Trail Mix


The leaves are turning and I love hiking or just walking in the neighborhood enjoying the fall colors. As I am hiking, I love to snack on trail mix.  Trail mix is a great and healthy snack.  You can add your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits to come up with your own recipe.

The family and I love dried cherries, cashews, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds.  I came up with this recipe that has our favorites and I added some walnuts and chocolate chips.  An easy recipe that the kids can make and enjoy.


Chocolate Cherry Trail Mix


Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup cashews
1 cup pistachios
1 cup walnut halves
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.  Mix well.  Store trail mix in an airtight container.



Makes 5 cups

3 comments:

  1. This is a great combo of ingredients, esp those cherries and pistachios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geraldine, wonderful combination of ingredients for your trail-mix - pumkin seeds are my favorite seeds, dried cherries are rather elusive around here but can be tracked down with a bit of an effort.
    And there is just nothing better than hiking in fall with trail-mik in your pockets!

    ReplyDelete