Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Red Fruit Salad


Red Fruit Salad is a delicious way to combine the red fruits of summer into one delish dish.  I found this recipe in Bon Appetite magazine.  There are just two set rules in making this salad.  Use a knife to pit your cherries and no raspberries.  I broke the second rule.  I love raspberries.  What is a fruit salad without raspberries?

I took some plums, strawberries, cherries, red grapes and raspberries  out of my crisper for my salad.  You can use any fruits that are red or have a purplish red tone.    That's a great positive for this salad you can use the red fruit you have on hand as long as it is red.  Watermelon would be great for this salad.

I cut the plums in small chunks, quartered my strawberries, halved my grapes, cherries, and left my raspberries whole.     There is no set quantity of the fruit  - use what you feels right.   I  then tossed the fruit gently in a medium bowl and served.

I loved this salad.  It looked lovely and tasted great.




1 comment: