Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


Smoothies are a favorite warm/hot weather beverage at my house.  We drink them for breakfast, snacks, swimming team practice, etc.  We have old favorites and are always willing to try new ones.   Today, I am trying two new ingredients in my smoothies.  Peanut butter powder and chia seeds.   I have been seeing peanut butterpowder in the stores and have read different recipes using it.  It sounds interesting.   Chia seeds are my latest health kick.  I am using them every way I can think of.  Oatmeal, smoothies, our favorite juice - I just add 1 tablespoon chia seeds, stir and let sit for 30 minutes, soy milk, - you get the idea.

In this recipe, I used both peanut butter powder and chia seeds. Note:  I let the chia seeds soak in the soy milk for about 30 minutes before I made the smoothie.  Like all smoothies, I put everything in the blender and gave it a whirl.  Again, another incredible smoothie.  Rich, creamy, with a very light nutty flavor.


Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 cup  vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon  chia seeds
1 frozen banana,thawed lightly, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter Powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Stir chia seeds into the soy milk.  Let them soak for 30 minutes.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Serve.

Makes 2 smoothies




3 comments: