Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Peach-Banana Smoothie


Basketball Camp started this morning.  It was a little hectic as I got the spouse off to work, made lunches for the older two for their workday and getting everything ready for Basketball camp.  I decided Tim and I would drink our breakfast this morning.

We started our day with a Peach-Banana smoothie.  I love smoothies because you can be creative in making this delicious drink.   I had a peach in the fruit bowl and I always have bananas either fresh or frozen.  The big question was if the oldest ate all of the Greek yogurt. Luckily, he saved us some.
 I put a banana, one peach peeled, some honey, Greek vanilla yogurt, ice, a dash of cinnamon, some orange juice and Whey protein powder in the blender.  Within a minutes - I had to scrap down the sides  Tim and I had our breakfast.  I ran out to the garden and picked some mint to use as a garnish.  I also had some orange zest that I sprinkled on top.

I added some Whey protein powder but you do not need to.  I thought it would give  Tim an extra boast for camp.   Besides we both like it and it adds a little extra to our smoothie.




Peach-Banana Smoothie


Ingredients:
1 medium banana, cut up
1 ripe medium peach, pitted, sliced
1/2 cup Greek Vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons honey
Dash cinnamon
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein (optional)
1 cup small ice cubes
Orange zest for garnish
Mint for garnish

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in blender container; blend 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and frothy.

Makes 2 servings




3 comments:

  1. I would love one large glass now! Had lots of peaches last days..have to get some more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geraldine!
    I've been on such a smoothie kick these days I just love them! I am patiently waiting for peach season to arrive. Lucky for you that you had some yogurt left, lol...I'll be making yogurt this week. Hoepfully the peaches will arrive soon:) Thanks for sharing, Geraldine...I'm just curious, what kind of protien do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The protein I use is Cyto Sport 100% Whey Concentrated & Isolated Whey Protein.

      Delete