This beverage is easy and quick to make. In fact, you can make it ahead of time and let it chill in the fridge. Start by hulling one quart of fresh strawberries and pureeing them in a blender with some sugar. The recipe calls for 3-4 tablespoons sugar. I started with 2 tablespoons, tasted, and added a little more. Sweeten to your taste. Strain the puree until all you have left is pulp. Add just a pinch of salt to the strawberries and stir. Add the strawberries to 4 cups of vanilla soy milk. Stir and chill for one hour before serving. Pour in glasses and serve.
The result is MMMM delicious:)
Adapted From Southern Living Magazine
1 - quart fresh strawberries hulled
3-4 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt
4 cups Vanilla Soy Milk
1. Process the strawberries in a blender with sugar. Scrape down the sides if needed. Process the strawberries in batches, if needed.
2. Press the strawberries through a wire-mesh strainer with the back of a spoon into a medium bowl. Discard the pulp.
3. Stir in a pinch of salt into the strawberries. Taste and add more sugar if needed. In a pitcher add the 4 cups Vanilla Soy Milk.
4. Stir the strawberries into the soy milk. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
5. Pour into glasses and serve.
Make 6 cups