|Pork Chops With Potatoes|
The potaotes are delicious. They are baked in wine and broth along with the pork chops and some bacon. They get an extra kick from the wine, the onions, and bacon. Half of the potatoes and onions are arranged in the bottom of a lightly greased casserole. Then the pork chops are put on tops of the potatoes followed by some scattered bacon over the chops. Next, the remaining onions and potatoes are layered over the chops. Some white wine is poured over the potatoes and chops.
I added a piece of parchment paper over the casserole and baked in a 325 degree oven. About half way through the baking, I added the chicken broth and baked the remaining time. Take out of the oven and serve. Be sure to get some cooking broth and spoon over the potatoes and chops.
Dinner is ready to enjoy:)
Pork Chops With Potatoes
6 pork chops
2 cloves of garlic sliced
Salt and Pepper
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
4 slices bacon sliced crosswise about 1/4-inch thick
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray very lightly a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside
2. Cut 2-3 shallow slits in each pork chop. Slide in a slice of garlic into the slits. Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add chops being careful not to crowd the skillet. Brown one side, turn and brown the other side - about 3 minutes per side.
4. Layer half of the potatoes and onions in the bottom on the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay the chops on top of the potatoes and onions.
5. Scatter the bacon over the chops. Layer with the remaining potatoes and onions. Sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Pour the wine over the casserole.
6. Cut a piece of parchment to cover the dish and lay it on top. Bake about 1 hour 30 minutes. Halfway through baking, remove the parchment, add the chicken stock, cover with parchment and bake the remaining time.
7. Remove from the oven and serve.
Makes 6 servings