I started out with some fresh raviolis - about one pound. I dipped the raviolis in an egg wash than dunked them into some Italian breadcrumbs. They were then fried in some canola oil which was heated to 325 degrees F. You turn them occasionally until they are golden brown - about 3 minutes. I drained them on some paper towels. I then plated the Raviolis, sprinkled with some grated Parmesan cheese and served them with some marinara sauce.
They were delicious. Crisp pasta bites dipped in sauce that oozed out flavor with every bite. Belated Happy Ravioli Day:)
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1 pound fresh Ravioli
1 jar of Marinara Sauce
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Pour 2 inches of canola oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Heat oil to 325 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the egg and the milk. Set aside.
3. Put bread crumbs in a shallow dish - I used a pie plate.
4. Dip Ravioli in the egg/milk mixture. Let excess drain off. Next coat the Ravioli in bread crumbs.
5. Place the Ravioli on a baking sheet. Repeat until all of the Raviolis are coated.
6. Put the Raviolis in the hot oil and cook in batches. Occasionally turn the Raviolis until golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
7. Serve immediately with some sprinkled grated Parmesan cheese on top and Marinara Sauce on the side.