|Chicken Enchilada Soup|
Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup chicken base
3 cups diced yellow onions
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2-2 cups Masa Harina (Note: Depending on how you like your soup, 1/2 cup makes a thinner soup while 2 cups makes a thicker soup
4 quarts water (divided)
2 cups crushed tomatoes
1/2 pound processed American cheese, cut in small cubes
3 pound cubed cooked chicken - approximately 9 cups
Shredded Mexican Cheese
1. In a large pot, place the oil, chicken base, onion, and spices.
3. In another container, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all lumps dissolve.
4. Add to sauteed onions and bring to a boil.
5. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Add remaining 3 quarts of water to the pot.
7. Add the tomatoes; let mixture return to a boil stirring occasionally.
9. Add the chicken and heat through.
10. Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of shredded Mexican cheese.
Makes 16-20 servings