Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Tomato~Cheese Tartlets




Friday's recipe for "French Fridays With Dorie" was Tomato~ Cheese Tartlets.  These tartlets were   delicious and so easy to make.    You  roll out a sheet of puff pastry  and cut it into rounds.  The rounds are then spread with basil pesto either homemade or store bought.  Top the basil pesto with vine ripe tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle  with salt and pepper, drizzle with some  olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Then top with a fresh basil leaves and  voilà you have a wonderful luncheon dish.

Everyone in the family loved this dish and was asking for more.   I will be making this recipe a lot in the future.

You can find this recipe on page 164 in "Around My French Table" or at  Serious Eats.

Rolled Out Puff Pastry

Cutting into rounds

Round Puff Pastry

Pricked with Fork

Browned

Spread with Basil Pesto

Tomato~Cheese Tartlet











13 comments:

  1. They look great, Geri! We will be making them again, too. We'll keep it a Dorista secret how easy they are. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tarts, I´m glad everyone liked them! This is a great recipe indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is such a simple thing, but with such big results. I will definitely make this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Geri, Great looking tartlets!! I think the general consensus is favorable!! I know I will make them again! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kathy, I think everyone liked this recipe. So easy to make and so many variations to be had. Your tartlets look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tart looks terrific! Nice to see them done "correctly" :). Mine weren't, but still loved them. Glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen anyone who doesn't like these. I loved them even though my puffs were a bit overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look lovely! I think this might be one of the most popular recipes we've done in this group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely - and I think these will show back up in a lot of places :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. After seeing your photos, Geri, I think I let my puffs (flattened though they were) get a little too brown. I love the color of yours. From Dorie's recipe instructions, I thought that removing the cookie sheet and parchment was going to be difficult so I didn't check on the browning. It wasn't difficult at all and if I had, I think I would have gotten your result. I loved this also and can think of all the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Geri! Glad we all loved this one...that rarely happens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tartlets came out beautifully! Perfect color on the pastry.

    ReplyDelete