Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

With the weather being as hot as it has I haven't used the oven in awhile.  The kids were wanting some cookies so I pulled out a recipe my family has been making for years.  No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies.

My first introduction to these cookies was at my elementary school cafeteria.  It was love at first bite.  I was delighted when I found out my aunt had a recipe for these cookies.
As the name states, these cookies do not require baking -  a big plus for hot summer days.  You heat the cookie mixture on the stove. Begin by putting some butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and bring the ingredients to a boil  Then add the peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.   Mix well and drop by tablespoon on waxed paper, cool and you have wonderful tasting cookies.

Most of my kids loved the cookies - Timmy wasn't that fond of them because he doesn't like oatmeal.  My other three kids were fine with that because it left more cookies for them:)




No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients:

¼ cup butter
2 cups sugar
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick- cooking oats

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan combine the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder.    Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
Butter, Cocoa Powder, Milk, Sugar


Mixture Boiling for 1 Minute
2. Remove from heat.  Stir the peanut butter into the cocoa mixture until smooth.  Add the vanilla extract and stir.  Add the oatmeal and mix until it is coated with the cocoa mixture.
3. Drop by tablespoon on waxed paper.  Cool before serving.


Makes 2 dozen cookies


Note: For small cookies drop by teaspoon.
Yield 3 dozen cookies



Oatmeal Coated With Cocoa Mixture

Cooling on Waxed Paper














No comments:

Post a Comment