Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Hot Fudge Sauce

I adore Hot Fudge Sauce! I put it on ice cream, frozen yogurt, sliced bananas, fruits, pound cake, just to name a few foods.  The recipe that I use from "Gourmet" magazine is practically foolproof and very easy to make.
You start by putting cream, corn syrup, sugar, cocoa, salt and chocolate in a heavy bottom saucepan.  The recipe states to finely chop the chocolate, but I grate me.    I find it melts quicker.   You then bring  the mixture to a boil and cook 5 minutes.  Then you add  butter, vanilla extract, more chocolate and stir.  The sauce is then cooled before serving.

The sauce has a rich velvety texture that is not too sweet and ever sooo goood:)

You can store the sauce in the fridge and reheat it before using.



















Hot Fudge Sauce
Gourmet, February 2004




Grated Chocolate
Ingredients:

2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Bring cream, corn syrup, sugar, cocoa, salt, and half of the chocolate to a boil in a 1 to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted.









2. Reduce heat and cook at a low boil, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, then remove for heat.








3. Add butter, vanilla, and remaining chocolate and stir until smooth.  Cool sauce to warm before serving.

Makes about 2 cups

Note:  The sauce can be made 1 week ahead and  cooled completely, then chilled in an airtight container or jar.  Reheat before using.












4 comments:

  1. My family loves when I make homemade fudge sauce. I think they'll thank you with providing me with a new recipe to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this certainly looks decadent and delectable!! Yum! I see this in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to pamper myself with a banana drizzled with this heavenly homemade fudge sauce!

    ReplyDelete