Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Crunchy Ginger-Pickled Cucumbers

This week  for "French Fridays With Dorie" we made pickles.  They were very easy to make and the taste was outstanding.  To me, they tasted like a pickle should taste, crisp, tangy, with just a little bit of spice.  You start with a seedless cucumber, add salt, vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and sugar.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or as long as overnight.  Then serve.

Everyone in the family who got a chance to taste the pickles loved them (hubby came home from work too late and they were gone).    This recipe is a keeper and one I will be making for a long time.

I would rate this recipe a perfect 10! It can be found on page 340 in "Around My French Table."


Cucumber Cut Lengthwise into Fourths

Cucumber Chunks

Ready to Chill










2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness my dad was visiting or I would have eaten the whole batch myself. I love cucumbers and wonder why the rest of the family doesn't share my fondness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri, I agree with you…perfect! Your salad looks wonderful, too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete