Pancakes are easy, quick, and inexpensive. You have flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, butter, eggs, buttermilk - most items you already have in your kitchen. In this recipe, buttermilk is used. If you don't have buttermilk you can make your own easily. Take one cup of milk and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar, stir and let sit 5 minutes. It is ready to use in your recipe. Instead of mixing the fresh blueberries in the batter, I drop about a tablespoon full over the batter as it is cooking.
These pancakes are light and fluffy. When you bite into them you have a burst of flavor from the blueberries, walnuts, butter, and syrup. They are sooo delicious:)
Blueberry Nut Pancakes
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
4. Combine the flour mixture, the egg mixture, and chopped walnuts. Stir until the batter comes together. You will have small to medium lumps. Do not over mix.
5. Heat a griddle on medium heat. Heat until a few drops of water flicked on the griddle dance across it. Lightly grease the griddle with cooking spray wiping off excess with a folded paper towel.
6. Ladle 1/3 cup of batter onto the griddle . Scatter 1 tablespoon of blueberries over the batter.
7. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the batter, about 2 - 3minutes. Flip and cook other side until golden brown - about another 2 minutes.
8. Transfer cooked pancakes to a baking sheet and put in preheated oven to keep warm.
9. Dust the pancakes with confectioner's sugar and serve with warm maple syrup and butter.
Makes about 16 pancakes
|Stack of Delicious Blueberry Nut Pancakes|