|Bird of Paradise|
|Kauai Coffee Company|
|My New Favorite Coffee|
As I said earlier, I relaxed. I loved the cruise sea days because you set your own agenda and best off all -the cooking demonstrations:) They had demonstrations for appetizers, main courses, and of course desserts. My favorite was the Sesame Crusted Tuna demonstration. You start with some Ahi Tuna rolled in sesame seeds and toasted on each side. You serve the tuna with a delicious Cilantro Salad and Baba Ghanoush. The taste can be summed up in one word - delicious.
Sesame Crusted Tuna with Cilantro Salad and Baba Ghanoush
From Disney's Art of Entertaining
Ingredients For the Tuna:
1 pound Ahi Tuna Loin (2"x1")
2 tablespoons White Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds
1/2 cup of egg whites - about 4 egg whites
2 tablespoons Corn Starch
Ingredients for the Cilantro Salad:
1 Red Bell Pepper Julienne
1/2 of a Red Onion finely sliced
1 Zucchini Julienne
1 bunch of Cilantro finely chopped
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Baba Ghanoush:
3 tablespoons Tahini Paste
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 clove of garlic crushed
Dash cumin powder for seasoning
Dash ground pepper for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions for the Tuna:
1. Mix the White and Black Sesame seeds together with the corn starch and reserve.
2. Brush the Ahi Tuna Loin with the egg white then roll the tuna into the sesame seed mixture.
3. Preheat a non-stick pan and then place the sesame crusted tuna into the pan. Toast each side and remove.
4. Let cool to room temperature. Reserve.
Directions for the Cilantro Salad:
1. Place the Balsamic Vinegar and soy sauce into a pan and reduce by a third. Cool
2. Once cooled mix with the remaining ingredients and marinade for 2 hours before serving.
Directions for the Baba Ghanoush:
1. Place the eggplant into a pre-heated oven (310F) for approximately 30 minutes until cooked through. The eggplant should be soft and supple to touch when ready.
2. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Once cooled, peel the eggplant and drain off any excess liquor.
3. Finely chop the eggplant pulp and mix the pulp with the remaining ingredients.
Place a tablespoon of the Cilantro Salad into the center of the plate. Slice the Sesame seed tuna into 1/2 inch slices and arrange around the Cilantro Salad (5 slices per portion). Place a quenelle of the Baba Ghanoush onto the Cilanto Salad and garnish with a sprig of Cilatro. Drizzle any excess Soy Balsamic reduction around the plate. Serve.
Makes 10 servings
|Pretty Melon Carving and Veggies|