|My Bunch of Bananas|
Banana Strawberry Bread
3 overripe bananas
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3-cup oat flour
1-teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9x5x2-1/2-inch loaf pan with Bakers Joy or similar product. Or line the baking pan with foil and spray with Baker's Joy or similar product. Set aside.
3. Place the bananas and sugar in a medium bowl. Mash bananas with a potato masher until smooth.
|Mashed Bananas and Sugar|
4. Place strawberries in a food processor and puree. Add the puree to the banana mixture and stir until well combined.
|Banana Strawberry Mixture|
5. Whisk together in a medium bowl the all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
6. Whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in butter and continue whisking until combined.
|Eggs and Butter Combined|
8. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well.
9. Fold in the nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out relatively clean.
10. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and place on a rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing.
11. Wrap the bread tightly when storing.
Makes 1 loaf