Back to the recipe. The recipe below is very easy and quick to make. Most of the time, I make it with cider vinegar, but white wine vinegar works well too. The dressing has a nice thickness to it which lends itself to be a great tasting fruit/veggie dip. I drizzle the dressing on salads, fresh berries, and as I said earlier, I use it as a dip for apple wedges, pears, strawberries, bananas, carrots - it goes with just about anything.
Poppy Seed Dressing
Adapted from Simply Simpatico Cookbook
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons onion juice
2 cups vegetable oil
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1. In a medium bowl mix sugar, mustard, salt, and vinegar until well combined.
2. Add the onion juice and stir thoroughly.
3. Whisk in the vegetable oil slowly and continue to whisk until thick.
4. Stir in poppy seeds and whisk.
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Note: You can find onion juice in the spice section.
Makes 3 1/2 cups of salad dressing
|Poppy Seed Dressing Over Fresh Berries|