Cherry Almond Irish Oatmeal
Special Equipment: Crock-pot
1 cup Irish Oatmeal (steel cut oats)
1/3-cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup dried cherries
4 cups Almond Milk- Vanilla
Milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, nuts for topping
1. Spray crock-pot lightly with cooking spray.
2. Mix together Irish Oatmeal, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add dried cherries and stir until well mixed.
3. Add the almond milk to the oat mixture and stir well.
5. Pour the ingredients into the crock-pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the milk is absorbed.
6. Stir the oatmeal before serving. Serve with milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, and nuts if desired.
Makes 6 servings
|Steel Cut Oats or Irish Oatmeal|
|In Crock-pot Ready To Cook|