|Chicken and Vegetable Gnocchi Soup|
Chicken and Vegetable Gnocchi Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1- cup diced white onion
4 garlic cloves minced
1-1/2 quarts chicken broth
1 (14-1/2 ounce) can petite-diced tomatoes
2 -cups cooked chicken breast diced
1- cup sliced carrots
½ -cup diced celery
1-cup green beans cut into bite-size pieces
1- cup diced baby zucchini
1- cup sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1- tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon pepper
1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
1 cup kidney beans rinsed and drained
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. In a Dutch oven heat the olive. Add the onion and salt. Sautee the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Add the next 13 ingredients. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. While the soup is simmering cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
4. Add the gnocchi and the kidney beans to the soup. Cover and cook and additional 15 minutes.
5. Remove soup from heat. Remove bay leaf. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Serve in bowls and top with the Pecorino Romano cheese.
Makes 8 servings
|Yummy and Healthy|
|Ready for the Soup|