I use whole milk flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. To this mixture I add vanilla extract and Nestle's Premier White Morsels which are vanilla-flavored baking pieces. The result is a sweet, rich, creamy cup of hot chocolate. This drink is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth.
White Hot Chocolate
3 cups whole milk
3 inches cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
1 nutmeg sliver
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Nestle Premier White Morsels
1. Place the milk in a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer over low heat whisking occasionally. This prevents the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. Remove the milk from the heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cloves and nutmeg sliver to the milk. Steep for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the milk and place it back in the saucepan and return to a simmer over low heat.
5. Whisk in the vanilla extract and white morsels. Whisk until the white morsels have melted.
6. Remove from heat and pour into mugs.
Makes 3 servings
|Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves|