Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

White Hot Chocolate

Last night, the kids and I returned from our day after after Christmas shopping.  To warm us up, I made us cups of Hot White Chocolate.

I use whole milk flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.   To this mixture I add vanilla extract and Nestle's Premier White Morsels which are vanilla-flavored baking pieces.  The result is a  sweet, rich,  creamy cup of  hot chocolate.  This drink is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth.


                                                     White Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

3 cups whole milk
3 inches cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
1 nutmeg sliver
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Nestle Premier White Morsels


Directions:

1. Place the milk in a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer over low heat whisking occasionally. This prevents the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3.  Remove the milk from the heat.  Add the cinnamon stick, cloves and nutmeg sliver to the milk.  Steep for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the milk and place it back in the saucepan and return to a simmer over low heat.
5. Whisk in the vanilla extract and white morsels.  Whisk until the white morsels have melted.
6. Remove from heat and pour into mugs.

Makes 3 servings




Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves

Straining Milk



3 comments:

  1. I like white chocolate, so I know I would like this. I am sure the spices are a great addition to the white chocolate. Great item for the holidays-yum!

    ReplyDelete