Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday Beverages: Peppermint Mocha - Instant

This is the week of peppermint posts.    Today's post is Peppermint Mocha.

I have been making this Peppermint Mocha mix for years.  It is really easy and inexpensive to make.    I keep it around the house during the holidays.  I especially enjoy  a  nice mug of it during tree trimming time, present wrapping time,  just about anytime.

If I need a quick gift, I get a nice mug and put some mix  in a cellophane holiday bag.  I add a recipe card with instructions on making a nice hot mug of mocha.





                             Peppermint Mocha – Instant



Ingredients:
1/3-cup instant coffee
1 cup Hot Chocolate Mix
1/3 cup coffee creamer
1/3-cup sugar
1/3 cup finely crushed Starlight Mints (about 12 mints) or candy canes
Whipped Cream

Directions:

1. Place the instant coffee in a food processor and pulse a few times until the coffee is a  relatively fine powder.
2.  In a medium mixing bowl, add the coffee, hot chocolate mix, coffee creamer, sugar, and finely crushed mints.  Stir until well mixed.
3. Place mix in an airtight container.
4. For Serving:  Place 3- 4 teaspoons (depending on taste) of the mix into a mug.  Slowly add 6-8 ounces of hot water.  Stir.  Add whipped cream if desired.

Note: Hot milk can be substituted for water.

Make approximately 2 cups of mix


Coffee powder

Crushed Mints


Peppermint Mocha Mix

Mocha Mix

Cup of Peppermint Mocha


4 comments:

  1. Geraldine, this sounds like the perfect warming drink to sip after a brisk walk. Love the minty twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) I am so glad you liked this recipe. Best regards, Geraldine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fabulous! I've always just made my cup of coffee or cocoa (never occured to me to combine it) and hung a candy cane over the edge for five minutes before drinking it. This sounds so much better and wrapped up would make such a cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you:) I am glad you liked the recipe and the gift suggestion. Happy Holidays. Geri

    ReplyDelete