These green beans are a regular at our Thanksgiving Day table. I like these beans because they are not in a heavy sauce. They are tossed with a light and tangy glaze. The glaze is made with butter, balsamic vinegar, orange and pomegranate juices, orange zest, a touch of maple syrup and dried cranberries. These green beans will add pizazz to your meal.
Green Beans with Cranberry Pomegranate Glaze
1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-teaspoon onion powder
Grated zest of one medium orange (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
1/3 cup orange juice
¼ cup pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons dried cranberries
1. Steam the green beans until they are crisp-tender – 5 minutes for small green beans and up to 15 minutes for larger green beans.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the onion powder, grated orange zest, orange juice, pomegranate juice, white balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
4. Add green beans and dried cranberries to the sauce. Toss the beans and cranberries in the sauce until coated. Heat through.
5. Transfer the beans to a serving dish.
|In the Frying Pan Being Tossed With Glaze|