Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1+1+1= Pumpkin Spice Fruit Dip

I was so excited when I found Pumpkin Spice pudding mix in the store.  I found it in the area where they put holiday cooking items you may need.  Ideas went racing through my mind on what I could make with the pudding mix.  My son took advantage of my deep thinking moment and put some junk food in the cart which I discovered at the  check out.

Well, back to my thoughts on the use of the pudding mix. I could use it in breads, cake, by itself as a quick dessert, substitute it for the pistachio pudding in my Pistachio Tart Recipe (December 13, 2010 blog posting), and finally make a fruit dip with it.

And that is what I did.  I made fruit dip.   All you need is three simple ingredients and you have yourself a great tasting dip for the fruit of your choice. If you wish, you can decorate the top of the dip with sprinkles or chopped nuts, cookie crumbs, whatever you wish. My kids decided on the autumn sprinkles I had in my pantry to use for decorating.



                                              Pumpkin Spice Fruit Dip

Ingredients:
1 (3.4 oz) package of Pumpkin Spice instant pudding
1 -cup whole milk
1-cup plain Greek yogurt
Sprinkles for decoration (optional)

Directions:

1. Whisk together the pudding mix and milk in a medium-mixing bowl.
2. Add the Greek yogurt and stir until well combined.
3. Spoon pudding into a serving bowl, or individual cups and decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
4. Refrigerate any left over dip.
Kids Choice of Decor

Note:  If the dip is too thick for your liking, thin it with some milk.


Pumpkin Spice Fruit Dip
Makes approximately 2 cups of dip

No comments:

Post a Comment