Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Going Green Smoothie

I want my family to eat healthier this year so I have been playing around with different ways to incorporate "healthiness" in their diet.

One of my favorites for breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack is a smoothie.  It takes minutes to make and you can take it on the road and the kids can drink it as you are taking them to school, sports practice, music, etc.  It is also great for mom.

I usually put fruit in my smoothies.  This year, I thought I would be creative and try fruit and veggie combinations.

In the Going Green Smoothie, I used pineapple,  banana, apple juice, and spinach. The result was a drink packed with flavor and nutrition.


                             Going Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

1-cup pineapple tidbits fresh or frozen
1 ripe banana broken into chunks
1-cup vanilla yogurt
1-cup baby spinach leaves
1-tablespoon wheat germ
1-cup apple juice


Directions:

1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour in glasses and serve.


Make about 3 eight ounce servings

No comments:

Post a Comment